November 10, 2010

Kotoba Yori Taisetsuna Mono

... means something more important than words

If you're wondering what's the meaning of Japanese lyrics I put last week, here is the (romaji) and translation. 

僕が選んだ毎日なのに 迷ったりヘコんでみたり
(boku ga eranda mainichi na noni mayottari hekonde mitari)
写真の中の無邪気な僕は 果たしてなんていうんだろう
(shashin no naka no mujaki na boku wa hatashite nante iun darou)

明日の僕をむかえに行く (asu no boku wo mukae ni iku)
あの頃に負けないように (ano koro ni makenai you ni)
忘れかけた 大事なもの 抱えて (wasurekaketa daiji na mono kakaete)
答えなど分からなくても (kotae nado wakaranakute mo)
それでも続く道ならば 信じるままに歩こう (sore demo tsuzuku michi naraba shinjiru mama ni arukou)

The everyday of my own choice, may it be times I was lost or when I stumbled
I wonder how will it be with my innocent self in the photo

I’m off to face myself of tomorrow 
I pray lest I fail by that time
Embracing the important things long forgotten
I might not know any answers
Even so, I shall walk down the continuous path in simple faith

[Romaji and translation credit to Denise Dinc; thank you for your kindness]

I personally love the last two phrase. Not as much as these two ayahs in the Quran but close enough,

God does not burden any human being with more than he is well able to bear... [2:286]


..even though it be hateful to you; but it may well be that you hate a thing the while it is good for you, and it may well be that you love a thing the while it is bad for you: and God knows, whereas you do not know [2:216]




I've calmed down a bit. At least for today. Ai came from Johor last week; we went to meet up for early dinner and Ames and J suggested going to the batting cage. In a way it was a good let out. I'm not sure if we're meeting again this weekends before J goes back to Kuching...
On the other note, my cousin is coming back from Tasmania soon too! Looking forward to that (and my Bushells tea =D Got to remind her that later then)

Entering O&G this week... how come I can't correlate things and can't remember most stuff that I've learned in Year 3? O.o It's worrying, this trend.
-
Publish Post

No comments:

Post a Comment