October 11, 2008

Ticking time

Alhamdulillah yesterday's paper was quite easy; though I got all wrong for 2nd question in SAQ because I misinterpreted it -_-;;

Surgery group organized Eid luncheon; which was really nice. Afterward, we had briefing with Mr. Ahmed regarding our new posting next week. I'm both excited and scared (and anxious too)... the way he described it combined with the way Hannan studied during that posting... I'm scared, to sum it up. Surgery in Perth was fun- of course, with the vascular team I see lots of veins in the legs and diabetic foot ulcers... of course it was fun (especially assisting with amputations >.<)
Here, Putrajaya Hospital is the centre for endocrine, so we'd get a lot of endocrine cases i.e. thyroid... also I think I'd be watching a lot more abdominal/general surgeries compared to back then.

Even from the way Mr. Ahmed speaks, he wants us to be proactive and aggressive (not in a bad way)... for that, I'm kinda anxious.

In CUCMS, the group doing Surgery would be the one in charged in organizing event for the whole batch, as an attempt to get the batch to gather once in every 2 months at least. Our group will take over the next gathering (the former group will have an Eid Open Day in 2 weeks time). There's a suggestion of us handling Le Tour (this time around, suggested venue is Kedah, hence, Le Tour de Kedah this time around).

However, most in our group didn't want to handle big event, wanting something light for the batch i.e. vacation plan... Trying to understand them (it will be a lot of work, yeah, I supposed) I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed... Le Tour wouldn't be called Le Tour if it's not for the community work. In the end, majority agreed for medical check ups but against the Sunathon... Well, majority won, so this round of Le Tour will probably be for medical check ups only I guess. Maybe the upcoming groups could handle Sunathon project.

For our Young Mercy, last night during our Profs' Open house, two big people had small meeting and decided that we definitely have to hold a group meeting next week. I suggested it to be at Prof's place since he's doing an open house so we'll just gather to discuss about our project there.
For the former one under us, we were told it's time to pass School Watching to juniors... I have yet to contact Mercy to let them know this... As much as I'd like to join the current School Watching, it's a school day on Monday and I don't know if the coordinator would let me off on that day...

Surgery's starting soon... It means I won't be around anymore too until I get to steal the time to be online.

But first, another Prof's open house tomorrow! (reminiscing on last year's Eid where we were on weekly basis of jalan raye...)

P/s- I emailed people in Perth but I rarely got an answer, which made me wonder... perhaps they're not interested in keeping in touch anymore? *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment