July 7, 2008

Pampered no more...

Tired... Looking at the watch on the left wrist, shock flitted across her face.

9 p.m.?!

And we were still looking for houses..

I know I was being pampered back then, but the weight of that statement was only felt today when I have to look for my own accommodation, think about the public transportation (and you know how lousy the transportation here can be), think about how best to divide the given allowance- to high renting fees plus water, electric, phone and internet bills; not forgetting food and drinks. Oh, and perhaps the petrol price... which have also gone up now...

[Yeah, change our lifestyle, I know... less meals/'ikat perut' perhaps?
Why don't some other people change their lifestyle, like cutting back all the free cars and unnecessary advantages for example?
That would save everybody else a lot of trouble, we think]

How am I even going to save from that flimsy RM 500?

We officially don’t like looking around for houses to rent in Putrajaya- the unaffordable price (2k++ per month? Maybe even when we’re working, we couldn’t afford that kind of rent, hello?!), not to mention the annoying dead ends we kept end up in- what’s with the many dead ends anyway?

Back then all was easy peasy... half a year with foster family, 2 years in residential college, and another 2 years in very comfortable provided accommodation (mind you it was hotel apartment- fully furnished)- plus easy and reliable transportation (i.e. on time), provided meals (manjenye budak-budak overseas ni, I know) and paid bills... I knew of the downside being pampered like that. I wasn’t fond of the idea but well, people said ‘rezeki jangan ditolak’, right?

Or maybe, I just took things for granted, take things too easy since it’s there in front of my eyes...
Don’t we always do that?
And when we realized it, it’s too late.

As predicted, when the time comes to be independent in this small area of life-

I’m hopeless.

If you’re looking for a good investment, perhaps invest in a house in Putrajaya and let us students who’d be doing clinical postings in Serdang and Putrajaya Hospital rent it…

No comments:

Post a Comment