Seriously, apart from Behavioural Sciences, Disaster and Relief Medicine is another subject that I enjoy too much at the moment.
At the moment we're having lectures instead of the usual SCTLs (Student Centered Team-Based Learning) on topics about disaster preparedness and basic disaster medicine information. Perhaps this is the best time to do School Watching, especially with the lectures this morning that touched on definitions of 'risks', 'hazards' and 'vulnerability'. At least we don't have to explain the terms again.
And we have 5 fourth year IIUM students with us in this course; them doing their elective with this course- kinda interesting ain't it?
Young Mercy Group 2's VAP (Volunteer Awareness Programme) and Fund-raising activity will take place this weekend. Info is as below:
Event: Health Carnival for Charity
Date: April 19th 2008, Saturday
Venue: Dataran Kemerdekaan, Shah Alam (near PKNS/Alam Sentral Plaza/State Library)
Time: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Aerobics (7.30 a.m. to 8.30 a.m.)
- Medical Check Ups (BMI, Blood Pressure, Glucose level and doctor's consultation if needed)
- Health Exhibition on Diabetes, Obesity and Hypertension (included are quizzes for kids -with prizes-)
- Auto Show!
- Batik Show- special booth from Khadani Batik
- Booths that sell food, drinks, clothes, ice-cream etc.
- Colouring Contest for primary school children with prizes!
- Treasure Hunt!
- Basketball competition
Please spread the words around and DO COME on the day!
**Funds generated from this event will go to 2 orphanages we visited during our Le Tour de Perak earlier this year and for our next projects next year