November 18, 2007

I Miss... (2)


The lake opposite on Mounts Bay Road. Mounts Bay Apartment (where I lived before) is just across this lake, on the other side of the pond if you can see the buildings. The right picture: Black swans- just as what Western Australia is known for.


Study area of mine and Alia's (before I moved the table and bookrack into my room) and our kitchen area- I miss...

I miss my Perth days… not because I was 'forced' to come home 2 years earlier than expected, but more of nostalgic memories I shared with my neighbours a.k.a. the girls of ex-Taylors Perth. I have to say those memories with them are ones of the craziests and most memorable I'd ever have.

In the first month of us living in Mounts Bay (after 2 years living in Currie Hall- one of UWA's residential collages)- Alia's putting together the stool that we bought in Ikea (in Osborne Park, in which Ansar kindly drove us there and helped us to put together the shoe rack too)

The stop for Blue CAT that would take us to Perth Esplanade Busport (and we changed bus to UWA) and into the city. CAT = Central Area Transit- free bus ride in the city area.

Fast Eddy's- where we'd love to linger and have hot choc!

I miss my old bedroom in Mounts Bay.
I miss the times where after tired looking at the computer, I could lie down on the couch browsing the tv channels for something good to watch.
I miss the time when I would walk with Alia or Zura or Diana to the city and it took us only 10 to 15 minutes to walk, compared to taking the Blue CAT.
I miss the time when I felt lonely studying alone at home, I'd go up and joined Zura and Diana upstairs.
I miss the time when Alia and I would laze around the living, watching Air Crash Investigations, Seconds from Disasters, Will and Grace or Megastructures.


Kings Park- beautiful at night, breath-taking in the day (haven't heard from a couple of them in the photo for quite a long time already...)

Tasha's house- where I'd run to when I had problems and needed to stay away from Mounts Bay. Tasha's mom would kindly took me in (and fed me well =P)- I miss them...

These bubbly lot- I miss (Shila's not in the photo)
Ex-Housemates of G20!


I also miss these people...


Farah (in Manchaster at the mo') and Allahyarham my Grandmama...


Shikeen and Ila, two ol' buddies whom I've known since I was 8 and 9
Shaza and Faizah, two good friends who are more like sisters now

---------------------------------------------------
Listening to: "Make a Prayer" by Sami Yusuf

O people
In a hut made of tin and clay
A small boy dreams away
Of clean water and a meal a day
And not to fear mines as he plays each day

O people
Somewhere dark and out of the way
Aids has found yet another prey
To save his life he just couldn't pay
Tell me what we're going to do
For our brothers in Durban
For our sisters in Darfur

Show me what we're going to do
Are we just going to sit there?
Nice and cosy on our armchairs
Will we not even make a prayer?

You, you might ask yourself
Why should I help these people?
They'll tell you why
We're not so different from you
We have dreams just like you
But they were buried with the
bodies of our loved ones

O people
Are we deaf, dumb, and blind?
What is going through our minds?
Don't we care for the rest of mankind?

O people
We claim to love peace and justice
Why do we preach what we don't practice?
Let's help them out of this darkness

Tell me what we're going to do
For our brothers in Ethiopia
For our sisters in Rwanda
Show me what we're going to do
Are we just going to sit there?
Nice and cosy on our armchairs
Will we not even make a prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment