June 20, 2005

In the end... Divert to [Roslan SMS Corner] Afterwards

I pushed aside the lecture notes, head a bit blurry when I looked around the house. 15 to twelve. Should I wait for Zuhur or should I make a go for Currie Hall now? These hands fast rearranging the stuff I want to bring to Currie while judging the pros and cons of leaving now.

At last, I decided to go ahead. If I wait, I might be rushing to drop by Currie Hall, and I hate rushing. So, I packed the fried rice I made in the morning for my lunch and in I went into the bathroom to make wudhu'. On the way to busport, I called Intan to inform her I was on my way.
It's been quite a while having lunch in Currie. I kind of miss the dining hall. At one point while we were chatting and teasing each other in the presence of Ruby, Yan looked at me worriedly."What?" One eyebrow quirked. "Wani doesn't look like she's having a paper today. You look so rilex."

"Uh? Am I? Actually I'm having a headache now" True, the left side of my head felt a bit throbbing. I think I slept too much... or read too much in a short time, if that's possible.
"Woman, drop by my place after you finish your paper. I made some bread," Ruby nudged me.
"Demi roti, I will!" I vowed and smiled widely, forgetting my plan to drop by the city after the last paper.

On the way to the exam hall, I bumped into Varun, another international med student, from Zambia I think. We talked while walking to the Arts building when I saw Wina, "Good luck!" she said. I nodded and wished her the same.


Then I saw Zainab, doing her last minute cramming. "Assalamualaikum," I greeted her. "Waalaikumussalam." I peeped over and saw her notes on Clinical Trial Phases. We studied them togther when Afaf passed by. Soon, she joined us and only then she knew that I'll be flying tomorrow to head for Japan.
"I was thinking for a little party for me and Wani after the paper, but my dad is picking me up, so..." Afaf said. "Party? I can't! I still have Forensic paper at 9 tomorrow!" Zainab exclaimed. Afaf laughed, "That's why I said me and Wani. We finish today."

We talked a bit on how Zainab will be in Jordan this winter and I'll be at home afterwards, and Afaf will be alone here in Perth. Somehow, it made me a bit sad, not being able to see them during the break.
"Wani, don't go straight home after the exam. Wait for us." I nodded before went to the room I was supposed to take the exam. I was feeling a bit dizzy and blurry before that, but after seeing my two sisters, I felt better.

After farewell hugs with Afaf and Zainab, I went to the musalla to pray Asr. 2 years back, I felt lonely when I was the only Muslim girl in my batch. Allah's helps came soon and I felt like no matter where I am, I'll never be alone anymore. He always replaces someone I lost with somebody else. Someone equals, if not better. Syukur alhamdulillah...

Dropped by Currie Hall again after praying. Ruby introduced me to her little fishes while I helped myself to her home-made buns *yuMm* One of the little guy's name is Hanamichi, how cute is that? :p Intan and Yan came in later...

Ended up staying at Ruby's room until 15 past five (with her and Intan insistently persuading me to read up new mangas, well, more like Ruby did). "Nanti la... I don't have time!" I wonder how these people have time in the world to read all these mangas??!

In the end, I have to cancel the plan to the city, I mean the shops are closed by now... Yup, shops are closed at 5, don't be surprise, so wipe out that shock expression.

Guess I have to go to the city tomorrow huh?

In the meanwhile, while you're still reading this, I had an email via one yahoogroup:

"Sebaik sahaja Mahkamah Tinggi Syariah di Kuantan menjatuhkan hukuman sebat 6 kali dan denda RM5000 tiap-tiap seorang ke atas 2 orang peminum arak yang didapati bersalah, seluruh akhbar media perdana sebagaimana biasa mensasikan keputusan tersebut...

Yang paling menarik adalah ulasan Sisters in Islam. Menurut pengurus programnya Masjaliza Hamzah sebagaimana yang dilaporkan di dalam THE STAR:..."


Head to Roslan SMS Corner under the heading Apabila Si Jahil Turut Berbicara Tentang Islam (June 16, 2005) to read more. I can only roll my eyes (till they hurt) with this 'Sisters in Islam'. And that's a sarcasm, if you didn't notice... that's why it's in italic...

No comments:

Post a Comment