May 26, 2005

Friendly chat

Walking through the ground of Trinity College, I was hoping I wouldn't miss the 78 bus that goes straight to Wellington Bus Station- so that I have less distance to walk to Joy Tours in NorthBridge.

My hope crushed when the said bus went away the moment I stepped into the parking lot of that college that opened to the bus stop area.

Panting, I said onto the bench. A moment later, a lady- no less than 60 years old I presumed- came and sitting next to me, flashing a friendly smile. I smiled back. And soon, we were chatting like she was my peer that I just met.

I wonder if that would happen back home- while waiting for bus or LRT, you could just straightfully strike an easy and friendly conversation with a stranger?
Then we talked about where I came from and she asked if I call home every night.
'Every night?! No way! I'll be running out of stories if I call home every night'
No, I told her, but I call every week... 'With two hours on average per call' I added silently.

Anak emak, you asked? I don't mind with that title, because I know I'll still be under my dad's (and parents' at that) wing until I married.

Good, she said and she then emphasized the importance of family ties and how home will be home no matter where you are or where you like. I agreed. And somehow, that make me miss home more...

The conversation stopped when the bus came. 102- oh well, that doesn't stop in Wellington, but I might find a shorter way to NorthBridge through the city. Coming back from the city, I felt so lethargic that I swollowed one panadol, followed by a s sleep after Isya' around 7 p.m. As a result, I didn't call my cousin at 10 as promised... *guilty as charged...*

I wonder if I'm getting another fever again?

No comments:

Post a Comment