November 13, 2004

Takbir

"Welcome to the club" Abadi said earlier when I told him that we're celebrating Eid in Perth instead of Malaysia.

I was on the computer when I heard the brothers were praying Maghrib prayer (jemaah). Let me tell you that here in Currie Hall, since Alia and I was occupying the double room, it's situated on the guys' wing, thus I'm stuck on the guys' wing as well. So everytime they pray together (or everytime someone turn on Juz Amma a bit loud in the morning or all day :) ), we could hear them. Then suddenly I heard they bertakbir. I was stunned for a moment... 'Oh yea... esok raye!' Then Alia came in, 'Wani, dengar tak?!' I was like nodding and smiling from one ear to the other end 'Mmm... raye...' 'So confirmed la raya esok?' 'Confirmla kot'

Sayu... When I heard that there was a tug in my heart. So this is how it felt to celebrate Eid away from your family. This must be how Huda, Abadi and Tini felt last year (second time for Abadi tho' last year). And this must be how my Angah Shaza and Along Faizah in UK and Ukraine feel too since this is the first time the three of us celebrate it apart from each other, and in different continent as well!

'And this must be how they feel as well' Getus kata hatiku... Only now you appriciate the value of family, huh?

My body's shaking now. I haven't had proper meal since breaking the fast last night and missing sahur this morning. Maybe I should cook the maggie left or the mushroom soup that I bought when I was sick last month...

No comments:

Post a Comment