October 30, 2004

Second Iftar

There weren't many people on the sister's side this time.
I guess many people had other invitation or have other plans last night.
We ourselves (the girls in Currie) had an invitation to break the fast at Hani's house, along with the other female Wamsa's member. We had to decline that one.
Apart from it being a bit far away, the other reason was because I already put down my name down for MSA Iftar and this might be the last time I meet the other Muslim girls in UWA this sem. After this the SWOT Vac starts and everyone will be busy with exams.
Nevertheles, last night was beautiful!
I just love the fact that many different races and nationalities sitting together under one roof in the name of Islam. There's no discrimination and splitting of in Islam. We're all the same, no matter what colour our skin and eyes are. This is the truth behind the propaganda that tried to split the Muslims.
The thinking of nationalisme, rasicm, secular way of doing things is all the propaganda to think we're all at different levels, some are better than others when in fact that's not true. Who are we to jugde other people when Allah has made all of us from the same source?
And it doesn't matter if you're a Syiah or a Sunni (Sunnah Wal-Jamaah). I see no problem with different mazhab. In the end, all of us look back on Al-Quran and Sunnah as our guidance. In the end, we're all going back to him.
Like a wise man I met before said, the key is to unite. The problem with Muslims these days is we look upon our differences much more than we look at our similarities.
Just because I speak different mother tongue than you, doesn't mean I'm better than you, doesn't mean I believe differently from you, ne?
Wallahualam.

No comments:

Post a Comment